Welcome to my art blog


'No studio sale' - on now until further notice at Juicy Beetroot, Tum Tum Lane (off High Street), Fremantle

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Winter wonderland (69)

This is my latest finished painting that I’ve done for this year’s Christmas cards. It’s based on a photo I took during a winter walk in Derbyshire with my cousins a couple of years ago. It was a very cold day and there was frost on the hedgerows and high ground.

I remember that ‘’Rambling Roy, a friend of my cousins, came with us. Although in his 70s, he was much fitter than us young ‘uns! His other great love besides hiking was travelling and he organised independent adventure trips all over the world. Everyone admired him for how fully he embraced life, but sadly, he died of a heart attack less than a year after this walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment