Welcome to my art blog


'No studio sale' - on now until further notice at Juicy Beetroot, Tum Tum Lane (off High Street), Fremantle

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

We belong to the earth (136)


This is my latest painting. It’s an acrylic abstract of a stylised earth containing a green heart, floating in a hot red universe. The globe came about by accident when I was messing about with primary colours on a canvas and I’m very happy with the result.

In the middle of the heart is a quote from Chief Seattle (see close up picture here), “The earth does not belong to us … we belong to the earth”. Being a pagan at heart, I have always loved that quote and it seemed to fit very well with the painting … and with these times. The extreme weather conditions we are experiencing more regularly may be indications that we’ve pushed the earth too far and that global warming is inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment