Welcome to my art blog


'No studio sale' - on now until further notice at Juicy Beetroot, Tum Tum Lane (off High Street), Fremantle

Monday, February 22, 2010

Geese at Bridgetown (19)

I took the photo of these geese under the trees by the bridge at Bridgetown, (a town about three hours drive south of Perth). The light was dappled and I just caught them as they waddled into the light.

This was the first painting I did at my art classes with Brian Simmonds and he helped me to capture the essence of the geese with minimum brush strokes. He encourages his students to view the scene not as a complete picture, but as a series of shapes and tones.

I sold this painting from Talking Cat Gallery in Fremantle during Artopia in 2007 and gave the profits to the Fred Hollows Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment