Welcome to my art blog


'No studio sale' - on now until further notice at Juicy Beetroot, Tum Tum Lane (off High Street), Fremantle

Monday, March 1, 2010

Taking the plunge (38)

I like seagulls – but they’re another creature that gets a hard rap. They may be scavengers but they have a lot of courage, and are very handsome and photogenic birds.

I remember reading Jonathan Livingstone Seagull by Richard Bach many years ago (I’ve just discovered it was published in 1970 – can you believe that?!) The tale of a seagull learning about life and flight and wanting to be better than the average gull inspired me.

I took this photo of seagulls stood at the edge of the sea at Myalup, south of Perth. It was dusk and they looked to me like they were lining up to take an evening dip, each waiting for someone else to take the plunge first!

No comments:

Post a Comment