Welcome to my art blog


'No studio sale' - on now until further notice at Juicy Beetroot, Tum Tum Lane (off High Street), Fremantle

Monday, December 7, 2009

Ox Stones, Burbage Moor (39)

Welcome to L.U.Arts, my art blog!

Many people are surprised to discover that I'm an artist (are there no bounds to my talents, they say?!) and ask how I got started. I actually began doing art and crafts at a very early age as my Mum is an artist. In the UK, I studied art to 'A' level standard, but when I decided to pursue a career in science art took a back seat.

I now live in Fremantle, Western Australia. It was not until 2006, on a visit back to the UK when I was staying with my Mum for a while, that I picked up her pastels one rainy afternoon (and let’s face it, there are plenty of those in the UK!) and took up art again.

Since then, I have done over 50 paintings. I usually use pastels, but occasionally work with oils and acrylics. Many of my subjects are painted from photos I’ve taken on my travels around this wonderful planet of ours.

The picture on this blog, of the Ox Stones on Burbage Moor in Derbyshire, is featured on one of the cards in the prize pack on offer to celebrate the launch of my blog. I’m still getting used to this blogging lark and haven’t yet worked out how to upload more than one photo per blog (or even whether it’s possible). So, I’ll post four more blogs over the coming days so you can see the other cards in the prize pack.

I’d love to hear what you think about this blog and my art (both good and bad), so please leave a comment or email me at LUArts10@gmail.com.

5 comments:

  1. love it Liz.... good luck with everything. Looking forward to viewing more of ur work. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics, Liz - you're a woman of many parts, aren't you? Best of luck with the new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a women of many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having visited your Mum's house, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's in the genes.
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your work you cleaver little thing
    marko x

    ReplyDelete