Welcome to my art blog


'No studio sale' - on now until further notice at Juicy Beetroot, Tum Tum Lane (off High Street), Fremantle

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Call me! (42)

I photographed this scene when I was in the UK last year. Luckily, I rarely went anywhere without my camera and I captured this on my way home from work one bright October afternoon. The trees were ablaze with colour and when I got to Teversal, I glimpsed this phone box covered by autumn foliage. The old style red phone boxes are becoming a rare sight in the UK, and the scene was too beautiful to ignore.

When I printed the photo, Mum's printer was playing up and it came out in an almost abstract form. I found this easier than a more literal photo to work from, and the painting just seemed to evolve, almost effortlessly.

P.S. Don't forget to enter the competition to win five of my cards, including this one.

1 comment: