Welcome to my art blog


'No studio sale' - on now until further notice at Juicy Beetroot, Tum Tum Lane (off High Street), Fremantle

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Harvest time, Ault Hucknall (17)


This scene depicts a field in the hamlet of Ault Hucknall, in Derbyshire, at harvest time. I know this area very well as I rode my late horse, Fudge, in this area countless times. I bought Fudge as an unbroken three year old, and she lived to the grand old age of 32.

The hedge on the left hand side of the painting marks a footpath that Fudge and I followed. When we got to the trees at the top of the picture we turned left into the wood and followed the footpath to the top of more fields. These belong to the farm where I kept Fudge, so we were nearly home at this point. Behind you is a bridle path leading into Hardwick Park, which was one of my favourite rides.

Like the phone box scene below, this picture seemed to almost paint itself! I love the harvest colours, the shape of the straw bales, and the streaky sky in this painting. To me, it evokes a sense of freedom and precious memories of my old pal, Fudge. 

P.S. Don’t forget to enter the competition to win five of my cards, including this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment